23.7.11

my life as a compulsive reader

see, i read. a lot. i can't seem to help it. i read anything that has words. as far as i'm concerned, libra designed their odd spots for people like me.

not that long ago, this was an advantage, but as the news cycle got shorter and shorter, and most of the articles on the local newspaper website became cut and paste jobs, it just fills my brain with stuff i don't want to know, stuff that pisses me off, and pretty much endless arguing by people paid to submit reactionary comments on subjects they pretty much don't even remotely understand attached to articles they apparently don't even read.

i'm hoping one day google will become sophisticated enough to just crawl the web and present me with stuff that i actually want to read, and will just trim out all the morons for me. i don't see it so much as censorship but protection of my blood pressure. i'm actually that easily annoyed. also, that lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment